Charlie's Drain Service offers camera inspections to inspect, locate and diagnose pipe and drain conditions for successful repair, maintenance or installation.
Have questions about camera inspections? Here are some of our frequently asked questions about camera inspections.
- Why might I need a camera inspection of my sewer line? If you are experiencing constant or frequent problems with a drain, you may need a camera inspection. Cameras allow for visual inspection of sewer lines and other pipes. A camera helps the Charlie’s Drain Service technician accurately diagnose drain and sewer line concerns. The inspection can then be repeated after any service is performed to ensure the line has been properly cleaned or repaired. Please note that a Charlie’s Drain Service technician will need to snake the drain prior to using the camera.
- How does a camera inspection work? A Charlie’s Drain Service technician inserts a flexible rod with an HD video camera on the tip into the pipe, which allows the camera to travel through the pipe. The technician can determine the condition of the pipe and course of action to fix any potential problems.
- What problems can be identified using a sewer line camera? A sewer line camera can identify root intrusion, pipes that are misaligned, broken, corroded, or punctured, as well as grease buildups, leaks, and obstructions.
- When should I get an inspection with a sewer line camera? A sewer line camera should be used when there are repeated drain line backups, slow drains, or clogs, or when advised by a Charlie’s Drain Service technician.
- What does it cost to use the sewer line camera? The cost of the sewer line camera is an additional $250 on top of the $140 for the drain cleaning, making the service $390. Charlie’s Drain Service can also provide you with a DVD of the inspection for your records. If there are any additional needs or services necessary to finish the job, a Charlie’s Drain Service technician will update you on the price before proceeding. This price is subject to change at any time.
Get $10 off your next drain cleaning with a printable coupon.